Monday, April 8, 2002

Renaissance Man

Everyone says they want to be a renaissance man. They want to be up in all elements, but the renaissance isn't about that. It's not being up in all elements. It's about being a master of all elements.

I've just been thinking. That line up above is just a conversation I had with one of my best friends, Brian. It's not word for word exactly cause it's actually been awhile since that conversation but the idea of the conversation is the same. It seems like everytime I talk to him, he always drops some knowledge on me and changes my way of thinking. Messing around with this and that isn't the same as being an expert in this and that.

It's like this quote I once heard. "A man who's stuck 10 miles in the ocean and swims all the way until he's 5 feet from shore is still going to drown." Everyone knows and heard to give it your all but you gots to keep giving it your all until the end. You don't start strong and not finish. You have to follow through or all you've done is wasted your energy and time.

I know I say a lot of things, but I know sometimes I gots to listen to my own advice. Now is just a good of a time to start as any.

No comments:

Post a Comment